Promiment Studios

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Promiment Studios

A forum for my team

Ok, I have decided to make a point system. The more points you have the more your appreciated and trusted.1-5 points I can trust you a little. very little aprreciation5-10 pointsI can trust more than usual. regular appreciation (credits)10-15 pointsI can trust you highly. Moderator20+CO-LEADER

2 posters

Moving Towards Point

Squiggy
    Admin

Moving Towards Point Empty Moving Towards Point

Post  Squiggy Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:07 pm

BASIC
    If you want a object to simply move towards a point or another object heres the code:

move_towards_point(ball.x,ball.y,5)

ball is the point you want to move towards, 5 stands for the speed.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________
    If you want a object to move towards a point avoiding SOLID heres the code:

action_potential_step(ball.x,ball.y,5,0)

Ball stands for the point. 5 stands for the speed. 0 means to avoid solid objects.

If you want a object to move towards a point avoiding ALL INSTANCES heres the code:

action_potential_step(ball.x,ball.y,5,1)

Ball stands for the point. 5 stands for the speed. 1 means to avoid all objects.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________
    A BIT MORE ADVANCED
    If you want a object to move towards the nearest of multiples of the same object without avoiding other objects heres the code:

move_towards_point(instance_nearest(x,y,ball).x,instance_nearest(x,y,ball).y,5)

instance_nearest tells it to move towards the closest of that object. ball stands for the point to move towards. 5 stands for the speed to move.

If you want a object to move towards the nearest of multiples of the same object avoiding SOLID objects heres the code:

action_potential_step(move_towards_point(instance_nearest(x,y,ball).x,move_towards_point(instance_nearest(x,y,ball).y,5,0)

instance_nearest tells it to move towards the closest of that object. ball stands for the point to move towards. 5 stands for the speed to move. action_potential_step tells it to avoid the objects. 0 stands for avoiding solid objects.

If you want a object to move towards the nearest of multiples of the same object avoiding ALL INSTANCES heres the code:

action_potential_step(move_towards_point(instance_nearest(x,y,ball).x,move_towards_point(instance_nearest(x,y,ball).y,5,1)

instance_nearest tells it to move towards the closest of that object. ball stands for the point to move towards. 5 stands for the speed to move. action_potential_step tells it to avoid the objects. 1 stands for avoiding all instances.

I hope this helped, any other questions please pm me.
    Tacopie981--Admin
    Admin

Moving Towards Point Empty nice

Post  Tacopie981--Admin Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:42 pm

actually didnt know the last 2! I fell bad =(
    Squiggy
    Admin

Moving Towards Point Empty Yeah

Post  Squiggy Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:50 pm

Tacopie981--Admin wrote:actually didnt know the last 2! I fell bad =(
    I figured them out a while back when I was making a defense game like the one that one the yoyogames cooperation competition sunny Think Tam will uderstand this? or some of it?
    Tacopie981--Admin
    Admin

Moving Towards Point Empty hmm

Post  Tacopie981--Admin Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:16 pm

maybe the first one

Sponsored content

Moving Towards Point Empty Re: Moving Towards Point

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 11:46 pm